Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Park Picnic

Well, our home study visit is TOMORROW! We are pretty excited (and, let's be honest, a little nervous). But we both really like our caseworker, so it will be fine. For those of you who aren't familiar with the process, this is where our caseworker comes to our home and inspects the safety and general live-ability of it.

So in preparation for the home visit, we have, of course, been cleaning like crazy. I've been doing 1 room each day since we scheduled it last week. Today's room was the kitchen, and it looks great! But when Reece came home from work, we realized we hadn't cooked dinner. Looking at that clean kitchen, it was just demoralizing to think of making it dirty and cleaning it all over again....so we didn't! Reece took me to pick up dinner at a new burger place near us (they have them in California, so I'd had it before, and it's just as delicious in Utah), and we took dinner to a nearby park:

Delicious-ness with a view!

We got to use the picnic blanket I keep in the car (which I made myself from all my old camp bandanas, thankyouverymuch!). And there was a soccer game going on in the little bowl part of the park (I think those are so clever, to keep the ball from going in the street!):

I love that mountain horizon on the other side of the valley :)
We were idly watching the game as we talked, and I quoted a meme that I relate to, which made Reece laugh (partly because it's funny and partly because it's true: I really don't understand sports. I don't hate them or anything, I just don't get them).



We had fun! It was nice to have a little time to just relax and be together, and to enjoy the GORGEOUS weather we've been having, before it gets too hot! At least they opened the pool at our apartment today, so we'll have that to look forward to and beat the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment